2011 Tournament Payback & Prizes
Local Events | Super Events | Classic Event
Classic Qualification | Crappie USA Kids Fishing Rodeos
Local tournaments consist of two divisions as follows:
Amateur Division - Geared with the average fisherman in mind. Anglers who earned more than $2,000.00 as a team, ($1,000 individually) during the previous calendar year
in Crappie USA events are not eligible to fish the Amateur division this year. Entry Fee in the Amateur division is $100.00 per team with an optional $10.00 big fish entry.
Cash payback will go to the top 20% of the field.
** The top 2 teams in the Amateur Division at each event will qualify for the Amateur Division at the Cabela's Classic providing
they enter their regional event.
Semi Pro Division - Our advanced division for those who are more competitive minded and/or teams making over $2,000.00 ($1,000 individually)
last year in Crappie USA events.
Entry fee in the Semi Pro division is $200.00 per team with an optional $10.00 big fish entry. Cash payback will be paid to the top 20% of the field.
** The top 2 teams in the Semi Pro Division at each event will qualify for the Semi Pro Division at the Cabela's Classic
providing they enter their regional event.
Big Fish entry is an optional $10.00 per team. The Big Fish Pot is paid 70% for
largest crappie and 30% for second largest crappie. Only one Big Crappie entry
per team. Special award to be presented at the Classic for largest crappie of the
2011 season carught at Local and Super events.
Enter local and super events by completing the entry form from this brochure by
the mail-in deadline. ACA membership is required to fish our tournaments.
Teams may consist of one or two partners, or a third partner under age 16. If you
desire to join the Points Race, your $100 team entry fee must be received prior to
participation in an event for points to be tabulated. Points will be tabulated based
on weight at each event
The night before each tournament we hold a seminar. Many national
sponsor field test items will be awarded. Local fishermen may be called
upon to review local lake and fishing conditions. Tournament rules will
be reviewed and a question/answer session will follow. This is also your
last chance to sign up for the next day's tournament.
Prizes To Be Awarded
based on 100 teams
|Semi Pro Division|
based on 100 teams
|Payback to 20% of the field.
In this example, 20 boats will receive a check.
|Payback to 20% of the field.
In this example, 20 boats will receive a check. 20th Place would be $200.00
1 in every 5 teams in each division will receive a check
- Top 25 teams from each division who have not previously qualified will advance to the Crappie USA Classic.
- Top finishing Adult/Youth team not qualifying in top 25 of each division will advance to the Classic (Youth = under 16)
- Top finishing Male/Female team not qualifying in the top 25 of each division will advance to the Classic.
- The top two teams from an ACA affiliate club Fish-Off will advance to the Classic.
- NO off limits at Super Events.
- Teams may NOT hire a guide during any practice trip.
- At selected events teams leave from one location by land or water according to boat number. Boat number will be drawn at seminar. This will only be done where required by Host communities.
- Two $500.00 Cash Awards will be drawn at Super Event second day weigh-ins. You must be present to win.
The team catching the largest crappie of the 2011 season at local and super events will be awarded a $2000.00 Cargo Craft Trailer furnished by Cape Trailers and Deer Towers of Cordele, GA & Cargo Craft Trailers.
Guaranteed $10,000 Cash Purse Minimum at all Super Events
Purse will increase based on number of entries
Super Events & Points Division
- Top 25 Super Event teams plus the top placing Adult/
Youth, Male/Female teams from each division who have
not previously qualified will advance to the Crappie USA
- Top 25 Points teams that do not qualify at Local or Super
events advance to the Classic based upon their top
four lake finishes in points.
- Semi-Pro winners at the Classic will receive a Boat/
Motor/Trailer package plus $2000.00 cash. A total of
20% of the Semi-Pro field will receive cash awards.
- Amateur winners at the Classic will receive a Boat/
Motor/Trailer package. A total of 20% of the Amateur
field will receive cash awards.
- Classic Qualifiers have until August 1st to enter the
Classic to avoid a $20.00 late fee.
New for 2011
- Guaranteed paybacks of $3000 at Local Events
and $10,000 at Super Events. These guaranteed
paybacks will increase based on number of entries.
- Classic qualification will be through Local
Events, Super Events and Points Division.
- Top 2 teams in each division at Local Qualifying
Events will advance to the Classic provided they
have not previously qualified.
- Two $500.00 Cash Awards will be drawn at
Super Event second day weigh-ins. You must be
present to win.
- Classic Bonus - Highest placing team by total
two day weight at the classic wearing Southern
Pro hats on Saturday and using Southern
Pro lures during the event wins $500.00 cash
from Southern Pro. If the team is using the new
Capps & Coleman signature series "Glo" jigs from
Southern Pro they win an additional $500.00
- Largest fish at the Classic caught
Crappie USA Kids Fishing Rodeos
At each Crappie USA event a Kids Fishing Rodeo will be held on Saturday morning. Each child will receive a gift plus an opportunity to sign up for one
of six $2,000.00 scholarships which are given away at the Cabela's/Crappie USA Classic in October.
Crappie USA and our anglers have contributed over $250,000.00 to the “Crappie Kids” Scholarships since 1997. We are very proud to be a part of the education process for the youngsters who participate in our tournaments as adult/youth teams and those who fish in the Crappie USA “Kids Fishing Rodeos”.